Sunday, August 28, 2011

3 coffee table books I want to drool over right now

1. Pulp Art by Photographer, Neil Krug
Yes, I am obsessed with his beautifully composed vintage style photography with a psychedelic flare. Some of my favorite images are those of his wife, Joni Harbeck which were taken with expired Poloroid film. I just bought this book and I am anxiously awaiting the release of version two.



2. Gypset Style
A book dripping with exotically gorgeous images of inspirational travelers who rely more on their creativity than bank accounts to see the beauty of the world. These are people with nomadic personalities that combine a gypsy passion with a jetsetting love of travel and exploration.


3. Codex Seraphinianus by Luigi Serefini
A unique encyclopedia of an unknown world. This book is strange and boggles most peoples minds thus explaining the reasoning for its immense popularity since 1976. This is sure to spark some interesting conversations.

If you are in New York you ABSOLUTELY must check out the OHWOW book store in West Village and Marc Jacob's store BookMarc. Thank me for your impressive coffee table later.

No comments:

Post a Comment